Well it’s now only 12 hours until Leonard goes on stage in my home town of Adelaide. This is actually very exciting — I’ve only ever had one previous opportunity to see a Cohen concert at home (the mind-blowing winery show on Australia Day, 2009).
I really hope the Adelaide crowd gives Leonard the reception he deserves — the winery audience last year certainly did (I’ve never seen so many standing ovations in my life!).
Unfortunately, yesterday’s beautiful sunny weather doesn’t seem to have quite lasted. We’ve got some clouds and maybe a little rain (Adelaide doesn’t really do serious rain :-)) … but it should still be a good evening for the concert.
It’s also a bit of a novelty BTW recognising most of the places in Joey’s photo blog — for those who care, his Adelaide photos are of:
- Corner of North Terrace and West Terrace (at the new tram stop)
- Corner of King William St and Currie St
- Synagogue Place, just off Rundle Street
- The Colonial Mutual Building in King William St (which I always call the Hudsucker Proxy building …)
- Festival Centre (taken, I think from near the back of Adelaide railway station)
- Lots of photos from Gorge Wildlife Park, northeast of the city
- North Terrace approaching Pulteney St from the East
- Beehive Corner: King William St and Rundle Mall (the Haighs Chocolate shop is a giveaway :-))
- Hindley Street
- Burp Burrito Bar, Hindley Street (actually a really good place to eat!)